Tuesday, April 28, 2009
5. FEEL YOUR FULLNESS
7. COPE WITH YOUR EMOTIONS WITHOUT USING FOOD
9. EXERCISE- FEEL THE DIFFERENCE
Sunday, April 19, 2009
*Live more in the moment rather than rushing to get the next activity or item on your checklist.
*Don't overschedule you and your family's lives because "families need unstructured time in which relationships can deepen and real parenting can take place."
*Find time to cultivate your own talents and interests because "if you are not setting aside a little time for what replenishes you, you will have less and less to give to others."
*Pray for your children, asking specifically how God would have you raise them.
Baked Sweet Potato "Fries"
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
2 Tbsp. good olive oil
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus extra for sprinkling
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise and cut each half into 3 long spears. Place them on a sheet pan and toss them with olive oil. Spread the potatoes in one layer. Combine the brown sugar, salt, and pepper and sprinkle on potatoes. Bake for 15 minutes and then turn them with a spatula. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Sprinkle lightly with salt and serve hot. Serves 4.
Friday, April 17, 2009
**Take a long look at yourself in the mirror, give it a few minutes until you have passed the...ewwww, look at all my imperfections reaction. Then keep looking and you will notice those imperfections slowly become a familiar beauty!
**Throw out all of those so called beauty magazines...why continue to fall into the medias traps of what their view on what beauty is!
**Go through your wardrobe and replace all of those way too tight pants and low rise jeans for a style that your body type looks best in!
**Embrace your age...remember it is aging that allows to continue to grow and experience life!
**Spend less time reading negative articles and more time reading positive information that will make you feel good about you!
**Stress..stress go away and come back in 100 years or so! Get rid of as much stress as you can. You will be surprised at how much better and how much easier it becomes when you remove 1 stressful thing a day!
**Sleep zzzzzz' is a must. Resting your mind and body is essential in gaining strength to carry out your daily lives!
**One and two and three...stretch and bend...EXERCISE your negatives away ...breathe in and feel that adrenaline like it was fresh water running down your body!
**Take a long bath or a long shower, whichever makes you feel more renewed!
**Go for the greens and the reds...veggie it as much as you can. Those healthy foods are not called healthy for nothing!
**YOGA it, meditation is a whole new world and a very effective relaxation strategy. We cleanse the mind through learning relxation techniques as well as the stress levels!
**READ alot...reading is where the mind can subconsciously be freed from the realities that stress us out!
**Take a few minutes to pat yourself on your back for the good things that you accomplished today, Lord knows you do that with the negatives fast enough!
**Think happy thoughts, for example...a baby
laughing or smiling for the first time, a puppy playing, an amazing insight that escapes from a child's mind, dolphins swimming freely.....!
**If you like to garden, plant some new flowers..or start a garden..nothing is more rewarding than watching something grow into beauty!
**Be true to yourself and trust in your Beauty and Uniqueness. Spend less time worrying about how another perceives you!
**Work on balancing all of your emotions...try to feel more positive than negative about the small stuff!
**Stay Unique, don't fall into the world of plastic people!
Most of all Ladies...KEEP MOVING FORWARD!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
BTW! I loved her!!!!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
There IS SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL about the BOND between SISTERS.
I am lucky to have 3 by blood and 5 by marriage. I cherish every minute I get to be with them. My three daughters do not know how lucky they are to have eachother yet but in time they will come to find out how much they love and cherish eachother. To all the those ladies out there who have sisters and haven't had the time to be together with them , it is so important that you make the time. No matter what is going on in your life, the trials you have with self esteem or body image, or illness, there is nothing that will lifts your sprirts more that time with your GAL PAL ( your sister)!!!! Love you like crazy ladies!!
Monday, April 13, 2009
Self Confidence Boosting Tips:
1. Recognize your insecurities. What does that voice in the back of your mind say? What makes you ashamed of yourself? This could be anything from acne, to regrets, or friends at school. Whatever is making you feel unworthy, ashamed, or inferior, identify it, give it a name, and write it down.
2. Don't view yourself as inferior to others. Don't walk around with the subconscious mindset that others are better or more qualified than you, whether it's related to work, school, or just socializing. To a certain degree, it's good to walk around with a feeling of superiority. However, don't take this too far, or you'll come across as a jerk.
3. Talk about it with friends and loved ones. Wear it on your sleeve. Each day you should chip away at it; wear it down. There's no quick fix. Get to the root of the problem; focus on it and understand that you need to resolve each issue before you can move on.
Remember that no one is perfect. Even the most confident people have insecurities. At some point in any of our lives, we may feel we lack something. That is reality. Learn that life is full of bumps down the road.
4. Identify your successes. Everyone is good at something, so discover the things at which you excel, then focus on your talents. Give yourself permission to take pride in them. Give yourself credit for your successes. Inferiority is a state of mind in which you've declared yourself a victim. Do not allow yourself to be victimized. Express yourself, whether it's through art, music, writing, etc. Find something you enjoy. Everyone is born with talents and strengths. You can develop and excel in yours. If it's difficult to name two or three things you have some ability in or just plain love to do, think about things others do that you would like to do too and take some lessons or join an enthusiasts club. When you're following your passion, not only will it have a therapeutic effect, but you'll feel unique and accomplished, all of which can help build your self confidence. Plus, adding a variety of interests to your life will not only make you more confident, but it will increase your chances of meeting compatible friends!
5. Be thankful for what you have. A lot of the times, at the root of insecurity and lack of confidence is a feeling of not having enough of something, whether it's emotional validation, good luck, money, etc. By acknowledging and appreciating what you do have, you can combat the feeling of being incomplete and unsatisfied. Finding that inner peace will do wonders for your confidence.
6. Be Positive, even if you don't feel positive. Avoid self-pity, or the pity and sympathy of others. Never allow others to make you feel inferior--they can only do so if you let them. If you continue to loathe and belittle yourself, others are going to do and believe likewise. Instead, speak positively about yourself, about your future, and about your progress. Do not be afraid to project your strengths and qualities to others. By doing so, you reinforce those ideas in your mind and encourage your growth in a positive direction.
7. Accept compliments gracefully. Don't roll your eyes and say, "Yeah, right," or shrug it off. Take it to heart and respond positively ("Thank you" and a smile works well).
Look in the mirror and smile. Studies surrounding what's called the "facial feedback theory" suggest that the expressions on your face can actually encourage your brain to register certain emotions. So by looking in the mirror and smiling every day, you might feel happier with yourself and more confident in the long run.
8. I am gorgeous, huh?Fake it. Along the same lines of smiling to make yourself feel happy, acting confident might actually make you believe it. Pretend you're a completely confident version of you; go through the motions and see how you feel.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Here are a couple fun "Girl Power" quotes or thoughts I have come across & I think we as women need to be reminded often how great and wonderful we really are!! We always compare our weaknesses to others strength - so my challenge to you all is to do the complete opposite!! We all have strengths & we all need to recognize those more often!! And I'm sure we would all feel better when we realize that others around us are not perfect and have struggles of their own.
*Women are entitled to refuse entrance to the bathroom to any family member at any time.
* There shall be no requirement forced upon a woman to reveal the whereabouts of chocolate in the house.
* No woman shall be forced to pose for pictures without at least 36 hours of advanced notice.
* Any noises made by a woman while she is upset shall be referred to only as "impassioned commentary" and not as "freaking out."
* Every woman shall have the right to possess unlimited numbers of black shoes and various handbags that are neessary for her emotional health and well-being.
- Anita Renfroe
Also check out her "Mom's Overture"
This is a classic!!
She also recently wrote "Dadsense" also!
Here are a few other quotes from Anita
"They say good friends are cheaper than therapy, which means we should both have extra money to go shopping!"
"If you're happy and you know it, you're probably annoying someone who isn't."