This is a book I am currently reading and enjoying very much! Here is a questionnaire from the book. If you want to take it you can find out where you are on the happiness chart according to this author! It might be fun to take the test with your spouse or older kids. Dennis and I took it together with our friends in St. George while we were there last week. It turned into about an hour long fun discussion.
Rate each statement on a scale of 1 to 5:
1= Not at all true
2= Slightly true
4= Mostly true
1. I often feel happy and satisfied for no particular reason.
2. I live in the moment.
3. I feel alive, vital and energetic.
4. I experience a deep sense of inner peace and well-being.
5. Life is a great adventure for me.
6. I don't let bad situations keep me down.
7. I am enthusiastic about the things I do.
8. Most days I have an experience of laughter and joy.
9. I trust that this is a friendly universe.
10. I look for the gift or the lesson in everything that happens.
11. I am able to let go and forgive.
12. I feel love for myself.
13. I look for the good in every person.
14. I change the things I can and accept the things I can't change.
15. I surround myself with people who support me.
16. I don't blame others or complain.
17. My negative thoughts don't overshadow me.
18. I feel a general sense of gratitude.
19. I feel connected to something bigger than myself.
20. I feel inspired by a sense of purpose in my life.
Scoring: 80-100: To a great degree, you are happy for no reason.
60-79: You have a good measure of being happy for no reason.
40-59: You have glimpes of being happy for no reason.
Under 40 You have little experience of being happy for no reason.